HIA courses taught across the US and Internationally are listed below. Courses included in this teach students how to conduct health impact assessments as the central focus of the instruction. Full syllabi for these courses are available through the hyperlinks.
US HIA Course Offerings:
- Health in Appalachia | Berea College, Department of Physical Education and Health, Kentucky | Elizabeth Walker, Deborah Payne
- Impact Assessment | Georgia Institute of Technology, School of City and Regional Planning | Nisha Botchwey
- Health Impact Assessment | Indiana University, School of Medicine, Department of Public Health | Cynthia Stone, Marion S. Greene
- Health Impact Assessment | Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Maryland | Keshia M. Pollack
- Health Impact Assessment | University of California, Berkley School of Public Health | Rajiv Bhatia, Edmund Seto, Jason Coburn
- Health Impact Assessment | University of California, Los Angeles, School of Public Health | Brian Cole
- Health Impact Assessments | University of Washington, School of Public Health | Andrew Dannenberg
- HIA of Global Environmental Change | University of Wisconsin, School of Medicine and Public Health, Population Health Sciences | Jonathan Patz
- Lehman College (summer class)
- Impact Assessment | Portland State University, College of Urban and Public Affairs | J. Strathman
International HIA Course Offerings:
- Health Impact Assessment | University of Liverpool, U.K.
- University of New South Wales, Research Centre for Primary Health Care and Equity, Australia | Patrick Harris
Note, those who would like to add their course to this list of HIA offerings, please submit your class information to the Clearinghouse here.